- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes
- Optional TTL hotshoe and Nikon TTL Converter (Product number 4301.3) provide TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- The camera's built-in flash cannot be fired inside of the housing
for Nikon D810
Ikelite UW Housing for Nikon D810
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob next to the left handle
- The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Flash bulkhead connector for manual exposure with most popular underwater strobes
- ABS-PC and Lexan construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA
- Each housing is individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle
- 1 year limited warranty
The single most important upgrade is our long awaited new Dry Lock (DL) port system. This exciting new system is even more robust and even easier to assembly than our time-tested Four Lock (FL) system. The new ports are lighter and more adaptable, and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease. If you're considering shooting professional quality lenses like the Nikon 14-24mm or Sigma 10-20mm HSM, then the DL system is essential.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. All are lightweight and affordable. Refer to the DL System Port Chart to choose the correct gear. Zoom gears sold separately.
Due to differences in mount diameter and zoom engagement, DL and FL system ports cannot be used interchangeably. The DL port mount may be removed and replaced with old style port locks for legacy users with standard or modular ports from our Four Lock system. This modification will prevent the use of newer DL ports. The housing cannot be converted back and forth repeatedly. Re-installation of the DL port base will require the housing to be returned to Ikelite or an Authorized Dealer and may incur additional service charges.
The included vacuum valve allows you to vacuum test the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Combined with a full view of the camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe. Our signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
This housings supports your choice of shooting all manual or adding a TTL converter depending on your application. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain. Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional TTL hotshoe or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.
You can still enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the NT2 Nikon TTL hotshoe # 46064, Nikon TTL Converter with Ikelite plug # 4301.3, and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
Controls and Set-Up
We've upgraded the shutter and AF-ON levers to a more natural feeling curved design. Both controls can optionally be extended using the Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable use when using a right-hand quick release handle. If you're not already using back button focus, we recommend learning this valuable trick.
Our push buttons have been redesigned to reduce weight and salt build-up. The back of the housing features laser engraved control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is now front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The included Supereye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1.
Handling & Travel
Overall the housing is over 1/2 pound lighter than its former FL counterpart (housing model # 6812.81). If you're shooting an 8" diameter dome, you'll save almost 2 pounds by using the DL version instead.
Our new hard anodized aluminum base with quick release handle has also been streamlined for travel and is over 3/4 pound lighter than our previous DSLR tray and handle system. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on how you want to shoot. The precision machined aluminum base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. Plus, the base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and center on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you're shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to make the system easier to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.07 or Aluminum Top Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminum version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
Our new white ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun.
Like every Ikelite product, our housings are designed, built, and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit, function and waterproof integrity. The average assembly technician is a certified scuba diver and has over 16 years of experience building Ikelite products. We back our products with over 50 years of experience and the most accessible and responsive customer service staff in the dive industry. This housing requires the addition of a compatible lens port for waterproof operation. Lens port not included.
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the o-ring into a channel
- Sensitive new trigger lever is extendable for comfortable use when holding the optional right-hand quick release handle
- The back is completely clear for an unobstructed view of the camera and o-ring seal
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- Two spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory mount locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Optional Right-Hand Quick Release Handle with Extension (Product number 4077.02) sold separately
- AF35: No
- DS50: Yes - above serial 70000
- DS51: Yes
- DS125: Yes - above serial 5000
- DS160, DS161: Yes
- DS200: Yes
- Non-Ikelite: yes, manual flash exposure only
- Tray with dual quick release handles
- Port hole cover
- Waterproof bulkhead cap
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- Micro-fiber lens cloth
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls; Controls are not provided for Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Diopter adjustment control, Eyepiece shutter lever, Pv button, Fn button, Focus-mode selector, BKT button, Focus selector lock
- Ikelite bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 4.9 lb (2.2 kg) not including tray + handles
- Dimensions 9.1 x 7.0 x 6.5" (231 x 178 x 165 mm) including projections
** Barzahlungspreis von € 1695.00,- entspricht dem Nettodarlehensbetrag sowie dem Gesamtbetrag. Effektiver Jahreszins und fester Sollzinssatz beträgt 0,00% p.a.. bei einer Laufzeit von 12 Monaten, 12 monatl. Raten à € 141,25. Erst- bzw. Schlussrate können abweichen. Bonität vorausgesetzt. Ein Angebot der Santander Consumer Bank AG, Santander-Platz 1, 41061 Mönchengladbach. Die Angaben stellen zugleich das 2/3 Beispiel gemäß § 6a Abs. 4 PAngV dar.